Choosing a Cycle carrier
Whatever your activity we have a cycle carrier to help you do it. Whether you prefer a roof mounted carrier, or you have a towball fitted, we have a range to suit any requirement or taste.
Before making a decision on which cycle carrier you want to purchase, you need to ask yourself the following questions to ensure which carrier will be most suitable for your needs:
What type of car do you have?
Our Cycle Carrier range includes both roof and towball mounted cycle carriers. If you already have a towball fitted to your vehicle then you could easily attach a towball mounted cycle carrier to it. If you already have roof bars for your vehicle then you could attach a roof mounted cycle carrier to them. We do also supply a wide range of roof bars and we have a vehicle registration look-up facility at the top of this page, so you can find which roof bars are suitable for your vehicle easily and quickly.
How many bikes do you want to carry?
In our range we have cycle carriers suitable for 1, 2, 3 or 4 bikes.
Our entire roof mounted cycle carrier range is suitable for single cycles but you can mount more than one on your roof. This does depend on the weight your vehicle’s roof can carry which can be found in the vehicle’s handbook and the carrier’s load capacities. A roof mounted cycle carrier would be most suited if you currently only have one bike to carry as you can always buy another carrier in the future.
Towball mounted cycle carriers are suitable for 2, 3 or 4 bikes. For some of the carriers we can supply an extension kit, meaning that if you purchase a 2 bike cycle carrier but then need to carry an extra bike, you can buy an extension kit rather than purchasing a whole new cycle carrier.
Do you have an electric bike?
If the answer is yes, then the best option for you would be the Westfalia BC60 Cycle Carrier. The BC60 has adjustable wheel holders that suits any tyre width including e-bikes and we can also supply a loading ramp specifically for the BC60 to help with loading the heavier cycles such as e-bikes.
Things to consider before getting a roof mounted cycle carrier:
- Are you able to lift your bike above your head? You will need to be able to lift your bike above your head to attach it to the carrier without injuring yourself or damaging your car.
- Do you already own a set of roof bars? If not, we do sell roof bars suitable for a wide range of vehicles.
- You will still have full access to the boot with no obstruction to your number plate and lights.
Things to consider before getting a towball mounted cycle carrier:
- Do you already have a towball? Our towball mounted cycle carriers can be easily fitted to a variety of 50mm towballs.
- Do you have storage space? We can supply a wall storage bracket which allows you to store towball mounted cycle carriers on a wall to save space.
- A towball mounted cycle carrier allows you to leave the roof free to carry any other loads.
- Some of our cycle carriers tilt, allowing access to the boot.
Once you have answered the above questions click here to view our full range of cycle carriers